We’re following Kirstie Alley and her new A&E show, Kristie’s Big Life. Her struggles with her weight have become the #1 post on Say No to Plastic !
Part of the reason, I believe, is because so many people like Kirstie. She’s funny and her struggles are real; and there is a vulnerability about her that is compelling. I’m routing for her to succeed … we want that.
Her next attempt to loose weight may be successful, but as I’ve written before, loosing weight without changing life style will bring most people full circle …right back to where they started.
If you are serious about losing weight and gaining new life style habits that keep the weight off you need to remember:
- you can’t turn eating habits and patterns on and off like a light switch
- you need to be mentally and spiritually ready to move forward understanding that keeping weight off is a life long commitment
- losing weight is the wrong goal
- the proper goal is developing a life long set of eating habits that will keep the weight off!
So, how does a person do that?
Begin by reading the best diet book I ever read. Actually it’s a self improvement book that was featured on Oprah several years ago. It is entitled. If Life is a Game, These are the Rules, by Cherie Carter-Scott. I want you to pay particular attention to the first chapter in the book, Rule One … You will receive a body.
Second, for the next 2 weeks you are to
- write down what you eat,
- when you eat it,
- and note you are eating because you are really hungry,
- because you are bored,
- because you are stressed or unhappy.
Keep track and don’t cheat. If you cheat you are only cheating yourself. Get yourself one of those little calorie counter books that are always near grocery store check out counters and add up the calories at the end of the day.
Charting the next 2 weeks will give you information you need to proceed and succeed.